Friday, June 18, 2010

RevGalBlogPals Friday Five: Running Late Edition

The latest from the revgalblogpals:

1. Do you tend to be a late person or one who is timely, arriving on time or earlier? On time or early is my norm although I have been able to let go of some of the pathos I had attached to that.

2. Have you forgotten anything of importance lately?
The most recent one was forgetting just how long it took to get to the airport, get the car parked, check a bag, etc... Stuff like that happens to me when I am going somewhere without The Boy in tow. It's like my brain checks out due to lack of responsibility for the sweet child holding my hand.

3. Is procrastination your inclination? Why or why not?
Hmmmm, I guess it is my inclination but I have gotten EONS better at taming that beast out of sheer necessity. As a single parent and Head of Staff the only time I have to get things done is when I am looking at it square in the face. That said, I am doing a Friday Five with a sermon still to be written, but this break in the action was written on the schedule.

4. Do you like schedules or spontaneity? Which works best for you?

I am so scheduled now because it works for me. My Mom and I have a calendar meeting every week and I actually write out my days 2-3 at a time before I go into them with the time accounted for - including breaks to write the Friday Five.

So, when I am vacation I am all about spontoneity. And if YOU want to plan what I should do next while I am with you on said vacation, by all means go right ahead.

5. How do you stay on track with the various things you need to, people you must meet, etc., etc.?
Calendar. EVERYTHING goes on my calendar and it has to be a big calendar where I can see things at a glance in detail - the whole month. I tried to convert to using an electronic one and it just didn't work for me. We also use Google calendars to keep me, my Mom, The Boy and his dad all on the same page.

BONUS: Whatever comes to mind about forgetfulness or lateness.
I struggle with those who are consistently late because I think it is a sign of disrespect. You may not mean it that way - and certainly there are exceptions - but this is how I interpret it.

This was a MAJOR and consistent issue in my marriage. And that is all I'm going to say about that. ;)

3 comments:

Jan said...

I so agree with you about promptness and lateness. I applaud you for your ministry, esp. as a single mom!

Mary Beth said...

okay, next time I see you I want to sit in a sunny place near water and have someone bring us drinks. If we could be lying in hammocks that'd be better.

Work for you?

Kathrynzj said...

Find with me, can sb (and a few others) come too?