Thursday, September 9, 2010

Checking In

I have friends and colleagues who are using their blogs to pontificate on things with deep spiritual meaning. I just want to use mine to check in.

I've been blogging for over five years now, with most of my posts in another place. Some of the stories over there are honest and funny as I journeyed with a congregation that had some real characters in it. They were heavily pseudonymed (Random Thought Woman, anyone) but it was still a dangerous game. My new Call is one of greater responsibility (read: less time to blog) and a far more tech-savvy people, so I do not talk about them here at all. As so many have learned the hard way, it just ain't smart.

But one of the things my Spiritual Director has encouraged me to do is find joy, and for me and my extrovert joy comes in community and relationships. When I was isolated at work and at home it was the blogging community who supported me and through the years and thanks to a big boat I have even met a few of them in real life.

So although the blogging world seems to have shifted to self-promotion (absolutely NOTHING wrong with that) and platforms... I just want to check in with my community, with my friends... and say, "Hi."

8 comments:

theblueroomblog.org said...

Hello!

Katherine said...

Hi.

I miss the blogosphere of yesteryear. Sigh.

The Vicar of Hogsmeade said...

Hey!

It may be a sign of the influence of the teenagers in my life that when I read "big boat" I thought "I'm on a boat and I'm goin' fast and ..."

Jules said...

Hi.

Exactly what Katherine said.

Martha said...

Me, too.

Jennifer said...

Hi!
Me, three.

zorra said...

Hi back.

Sarah S-D said...

hi!

my old blog is now password protected. my new blogs so less frequently maintained. sigh.