Thursday, March 17, 2011

Oh My God, Japan...


Ever since the BE4 and a tremendous presentation by Carol Howard Merritt, I've tried to be more intentional about writing on my blog.

I know, you can't tell.

I have been plugging away daily at 750words, but every few paragraphs of drivel I find myself wanting to scream, "Oh my God, Japan!" This is no tongue-in-cheek statement, this is a cry out to God for mercy on them and ultimately on all of creation.

I cannot even begin to fathom life there right now. I cannot look at the pictures of dazed and stunned survivors. I cannot comprehend it. I don't think any one can.

So I've been going about my days with petty this and semi-important that and suddenly it will hit me again, "Oh my God, Japan!"

I guess this is all we can do - pray, cry out in lament, seek other ways to offer tangible support.

Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayers....

4 comments:

Diane said...

I know, that's what I've been thinking.

I haven't been on 750 words for a long time. not proud of that.

but, I can't stop thinking about Japan.

Di said...

Right there with you.

Mary Beth said...

Me too, except mine is "Oh, Jesus, help us!"

revkjarla said...

indeed. Oh. my God. Japan.
and Libya.