Friday, March 18, 2011

RevGalBlogPal Friday Five: Spring Ahead Edition


From the RevGalBlogPals:

Whether we liked it or not, we all "sprang forward" with the change to daylight savings time in the USA this past Sunday. There is lightness and brightness slipping in as spring approaches, so let us consider what is springing forth in our lives right now.

Name 5 things that are springing forth, possibly including :

  • what you hope for - Personally, I hope that God is with me as I plan for a future of joy and love, Nationally I hope for an end to selfishness and greed that has led this country so far astray, Globally I hope for the people of Japan, Bahrain, Libya, etc., etc., etc... peace.
  • what you dread - That in all three anger and hate will win.
  • what you observe - People are good and smart and want to love and be loved.
  • what is concrete - This swipes from Love Actually, but in the airports the hugs are real.
  • what is intangible - Love. Or is it?

The Love Actually quote about love:
"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often, it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know, none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion... love actually is all around."

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Beautiful! Someone asked me today if I am in love. Why? Because, they said, I look like I'm in love. I think that's a good thing! I wish you love, and more love!

kathrynzj said...

Thanks Sharon. Odd for me to have a love theme, but I guess I'll leave it.

I'll blame it on the curly hair.

elbyviau said...

I so enjoy that movie! I know it's a holiday thing, but I could watch it year-round because it so captures the truth of what we all desire- the sort of love that redeems all.

revkjarla said...

I remember being struck by that Love Actually quote, too, when I heard it.

Love to YOU!!!!