Friday, April 15, 2011

RevGalBlogPals Friday Five: Birthday Edition

Jan over at RevGalBlogPals gave us the following gift: What do you think of birthdays? 1. What are your feelings about celebrating birthdays, especially your own? You know... I'm pretty ambiguous about this. As an adult, I think celebrating my birthday is... well... stupid. I will admit this could be a control issue as I don't like to be the center of attention if I am not controlling it. There, I said it. I have also found them to be overall disappointing, so why bother. I have NO problem celebrating other people's birthdays. In fact, one of my favorite people is having a BIG birthday and I've been enjoying planning some thing for her to enjoy. 2. Do you have any family traditions about birthdays? No. My Mom grew up with an airline pilot for a Dad so that left out any scheduling traditions and has probably led to our own family's 'take-it-or-leave-it' approach to birthdays. 3. Is it easy to remember friends' and family members' birthdays? If so, how do you do it? No. It's not. In fact I have a very small people that I make sure I remember (Mom, sister, son...). If you are an adult, you know it's your birthday. A message from me isn't going to save the day. 4. What was one of your favorite birthdays? (or your unhappiest?) My sophomore year - yep, 16 - I was invited to prom on that same day but wasn't allowed to go (too young?) and then my parents forgot my birthday. And Matthew Schoeffling did not show up to salvage it either. 5. Post anything else you want to share about birthdays, including favorite foods, songs, and/or pictures. I think I've been depressing enough for one post. :)

6 comments:

kathrynzj said...

No idea what's up with the spacing, but I don't have time to fix it... again.

Terri said...

Frustrating when blogger takes control and refuses to do what we ask it too...sounds like you are planning a fun birthday for our friend...and I hope you both really enjoy yourselves!

Songbird said...

I am planning on it! (Whatever the plan is...)

Jan said...

I've noticed that people (like my daughter) who don't like to celebrate their own birthdays, really like to make festivities for others. Have fun with your friend!

Joolie said...

you were not depressing, I loved this post! Thanks for admitting it about the control issues, it made me laugh and relax a bit about my own.

Nguyen Quang said...

thanks for your blog
nhac cho vinaphone

fendi handbags