Saturday, May 21, 2011

John 14:1-14 (kzjv)

John 14:1-14 - kzj version (with apologies to actual scholars)

"Chill.... calm down. Trust God. Trust me. The Eternal Kingdom is HUGE! There's no rush - plenty of room. I'm heading up there in order to assure you will come too. And I'll make sure you can join me. You know where, right?"

Thomas said, "Uh... no! How are we supposed to know that?"

Jesus said, "I'm it. I've got this. You know me, right? So you're in. Your guesses as to who I am are true."

Philip said, "Whatever... prove it. I want to see God."

Jesus responded, "Philip, you know me. You've seen what I've done, you've heard what I've said - you want to see God? You're looking at Him! You want proof? Think about the things you've seen me do. And if you trust me you will do them too - actually you'll do even more because I. am. outta here!"

"Trust me. I've got this. I'm here for you."

5 comments:

Songbird said...

I love this.
Although I am totally Thomas in this scenario.

Crimson Rambler said...

this is definitely in the "pancakes and sausage" division! Love that analogy -- makes PERFECT sense to me! Thanks, Kathryn!

a pearl downunder said...

this is great. I hope you don't mind if I use it this morning in worship.

kathrynzj said...

Pearl, of course!

LMM said...

LOVE this, Kathryn! And I too am preaching on Philip not knowing ... coincidentally, our Youth are leading worship tomorrow and the names of two are...you guessed it, Tommy and Philip!